Wednesday, November 05, 2008



A HISTORIC NIGHT, A DREAM FULFILLED

Whether you voted for Obama or not (I didn't), you have to admit that last night was historic. Seeing America elect an African-American president was truly a site to behold.

And with Obama's purposeful choice of words during his speech last night, my thoughts went to Martin Luther King.

On the night before MLK was assassinated in 1968, King said, "I may not get there with you. But I want you to know that tonight, we as a people, will get to the promised land."

And in last night's acceptance speech, President-elect Obama said, "The road ahead will be long. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America ... I promise you -- we as a people will get there."

The content of his character won out over the color of his skin, just like MLK once dreamed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]