Monday, October 06, 2008

WBAT
Most of you probably do not know the acronymn above. WBAT stands for Weight Bearing As Tolerated. And after meeting with my surgeon today, that is exactly what I am ... sort of. He still wants me to gradually ease off the crutches and maybe go to using one crutch and then a cane and then gradually to nothing over the next few weeks.

But basically, the point is that the x-rays that were taken today looked good (except for the 3 scary 2 inch screws in my hip). The bone hasn't fully grown together completely yet, but it will over time.

Still, it's nice to be WBAT. Although I have to admit that it does remind me of a former UCLA co-worker who always referred to it as "way-bat", which drove me crazy! So, I have mixed feelings about the whole WBAT thing. =)
Comments:
You're gonna look so cool with a cane! You should get a sweet one that has a knife or gun hidden in the end...hehe.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]