Monday, September 01, 2008

NO HOSPITALITY IN THE HOSPITAL

During my 4 and a half day stay in the hospital, I was fortunate to have many visitors come by. Many came after work, in between going elsewhere. Some came from close by in West LA and the surrounding areas. Most drove from much farther places like Valencia, Montebello, Glendale, Newport, and Irvine.

And let me tell you, as bad as I was feeling some of those days, it was wonderful to see friends and to have people come visit. It not only raised my spirits, but it helped put me in a familiar role that I always cherish: the host.

I love having large gatherings because even though it's a lot of work, I enjoy hosting and walking around to make sure everybody and everything is okay. This role also gives me an opportunity to talk to and visit with a lot of people and show some hospitality.

But there would be no hospitality in the hospital from me.

While my friends were there, I threw up in front of them many times. I fell asleep on them, some even while they were talking to me. I even dozed off and had them leave and I didn't even know it (sorry, Kimmy!).

Still, I hope everyone realizes that I wasn't at my best at that time and doesn't hold it against me. I'm defintely to being myself. Maybe once all this is over and done with, I'll host and a party and make it up to you all.
Comments:
new years, it is! i expect trivia questions from those awesome movies that tyrone purchased.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]