Friday, September 26, 2008

THE MORNING JOGGER
Every morning this week, when I am making my way to the car to leave for work, a jogger happens to be running by at the same time and offers me an enthusiastic "Good morning" and a "Have a great day!"

Actually, I've seen this jogger several times before. The first time, I was backing the car out of the garage and he went out of his way to wave hello to me. I figured I must have nearly missed him when backing out of the car and he was motioning to me to let me know that he was there. After all, who is LA is that nice to go out of his way while jogging just to say hello to another person?

But apparently, he really is that genuinely friendly. When he saw me on crutches this week, he even stopped to say "Be well. I hope you heal quickly! I'm sure you're doing great!" For a guy I have never met, those were some pretty nice words of encouragement.

I think I can learn a lesson from this morning jogger about how I treat people and how I see the world.
Comments:
I'm glad I don't have that kind of pressure when I run in the morning! :) Hope your recovery is going well, he he!

--JC
 
The jogger sounds like a nice person. Maybe the endorphins help :) According to Elle Woods from Legally Blonde...

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands."
 
I agree with jules...there are quite a few NICE people out there...
 
runners/joggers are nice... not like cyclists. hahaha.
 
i've lived in north carolina for a total of maybe 5 years on and off including vacations and stuff and it was there that i learned to say "hey" and wave to ANYONE you see in your neighborhood. a car passing by, a bunch of gardeners in their truck, a jogger, ANYONE no matter who they were, you stopped what you were doing (getting mail, watering the lawn, whatever) and you looked up, waved or nodded, and said, "HEY."

now, when I go back to LA, it's just too ingrained and I'm sure people think I'm a nut for doing that. and here in houston, it's just as bad. my neighbors NEVER say hi unless I stop and go up to them. i've been here for 4 mos. and people KNOW who i am, but unless i've introduced myself, they see me wave and they just look down at their mail again. sad. what is up with people?! it's been so long that i really can't remember. was i like that too?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]