Wednesday, October 01, 2008


JOEL OSTEEN BOOK

In addition to all the movies I got (and Lucille's thanks to Judy!) while I was in the hospital, my cousin Allison loaned me Joel Osteen's book "Become a Better You."

Although I didn't really feel well enough to read it whie in the hospital, I made it a point to read it during my 4 weeks off work. And yesterday, I finally finished it.
Overall, I felt it to be a little unrealistic and quite simple in its message, but I also realize that sometimes, that's exactly what I need: a simple message.

So, I'm going to try to be more positive and be committed to doing the right things and staying away from bad habits.

Comments:
joel osteen's mega church is here where we live. i've seen him on tv and i just can't seem to take him seriously. he has a huge following and is so revered out here... maybe that's why i'm so cynical? all his sermons seem too prosperity-gospel-ly.

but in truth, i've never read one of his books. was it really good? or just a smiley guy with a smiley message?
 
i personally can't handle osteen's health/wealth gospel. i've watched his interviews w/ Today and GMA and everything he says is just too hokey.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]