Thursday, September 18, 2008



FINGER OF GOD

One of the DVDs Mike loaned me was a documentary on God's supernatural powers called "Finger of God."

In this film, there are firsthand accounts (and the video to accompany it) of manna appearing in a Bible, people sprinkled with gold dust, gemstones appearing out of nowhere, people needing dental work receiving gold teeth, revival in underground churches in China and with the gypsies in Eastern Europe, and an amazing story of a man coming back to life and asking for forgiveness from his murderer.

I have to admit that many of the stories are extremely touching and amazing to witness.  But I am very skeptical.  I know that God is big and powerful enough to do any and all of these things. But I just get wary when people go way overboard into healings and dramatic signs. After all, I think Benny Hinn is faking it too.

But here is the problem I've been having: I don't know if this disbelief is just pure skepticism or if it's that I really don't truly believe with all my heart, soul and mind that God can do such great miracles today.  Is my doubt because I dont' really believe God is as big and as powerful and I am taught to believe?  Since I saw this movie yesterday, this has been a question that I've been struggling with.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]