Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CLEANING OUT OUR CLOSET

My cousin is going to be staying with us for a while so that means doing the thing I have dreaded doing since we moved here 5+ years ago: cleaning out the guest bedroom closet.

Over the years, I started putting more and more of my junk there -- old books and magazines, old TV, old computers, boxes, old PT equipment, old clothes, etc. Before I knew it, the walk-in closet was filled with stuff almost to the ceiling and there was no "walking in" anymore.

Karena kept asking me to throw some of the stuff out and organize the closet, but I held true to my pack-rat nature and continued to keep everything.

But wouldn't you know it? Now that push has come to shove, it looks like I will have to be getting rid of this stuff anyway. Now I realize it's the right thing to do because I never use any of that stuff anyway.

What can I say? In the end, my wife was right . . . again.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]