Sunday, August 31, 2008

WHAT HAVE I DONE?
I have to admit that for a guy who was able to literally drive to the hospital, walk in and even stand only on my left leg, I kept asking myself "What Have I Done?" Upon waking up in the recovery room to find my left hip completely bandaged up and feeling the excruciating pain that came as the anasthesia began to wear off, I had to wonder.

I don't know if it's all the meds or what, but I felt like my mind was racing. So many thoughts, some of them not good. But "What have I done?" kept coming up over and over again. Did I make a mistake agreeing to this surgery? Sometimes, it's hard to see the big picture when you're feeling so much pain at that moment, knowing you'll be stapped to crutches and pain pills for at least 6 weeks.

Still, now that I'm home and thinking clearly again, I still have my faith and hold true that this was clearly the old adage of "breaking a few eggs to make a delcious omelette." And if omelettes are anything like being able to preserve my hip joint for the rest of my life and to be able to walk without a limp and do cardio again like a normal 30-something, it's totally worth it.

Besides, I love omelettes!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]