Thursday, August 21, 2008

SEASICK
I don't usually tend to get seasick, but one afternoon the entire cruise ship began to get tossed around pretty good by the rough waters. I thought it was funny that the captain came on the overhead to say, "It shouldn't get any worse than this." Meanwhile, people were banging into walls and you could hear doors slam everywhere because the ship was rocking so much. I thought to myself, "It may not get any worse, but this is already pretty bad."

And by dinnertime, I was really starting to feel ill. Still, the Chinese part of me had me ordering a full meal (including seafood in order to get my money's worth). The table next to us apparently had somebody throw up at the table because they quarantined the area off with Caution tape and put all the plates and utensils in a biohazard bag.

After taking one bite of my seafood appetizer, I realized that Karena was right, I probably shouldn't eat any seafood. After all, I didn't want them to have to quarantine off our table too. I quickly realized, I couldn't even eat at all. I excused myself and went back to the cabin to sleep it off. I was proud that I didn't end up throwing up.

The next morning, I felt better. My dad told me that while he was in the bathroom during dinner, he heard several people throwing up. By the time dinner was over, they had closed the public bathrooms by the dining room because so many people got sick.

So, in case you guys were ever wondering, yes, even a cruiseliner can make people sick. And once one person gets sick, it seems to spread. So, just be fore-warned . . . and don't worry about skipping out on the lobster tail that night.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]