Tuesday, August 05, 2008

GROSS BLOG ENTRY
The following blog entry might be a little gross for you to read (involving bodily functions and the bathroom, which explains why there is no picture). So, if you want to skip this one, feel free. But if you dare, please read on. I'll try to keep it from getting too disgusting.

I went to my pre-op appointment yesterday and had to do a myraid of tests, including an EKG, a chest x-ray, multiple blood tests, a urine test, and a stool sample test. Even though I felt this was a bit excessive, I was okay with doing all of it except the stool test.

The reason why it was so difficult (besides the obvious) is that they need me to collect samples over three days and each days sample in this vial. I also need to fill up another vial on the third day. I also need to fill up 2 more sample bottles -- one to be refrigerated and one to be frozen. So yes, let's just say, I need to be careful I'm grabbing the right container when I eat dinner.

All this just to make sure it's safe for me to have surgery. My question is: what information is a stool sample going to give my surgeon about whether it's safe to operate on me or not?
Comments:
Doris says "I'm not a surgeon, but we don't usually do stool tests prior to surgery in an otherwise healthy individual. My guess is that they are checking to see if you are bleeding from your bowels. [Either that or they want to see how compliant of a patient you're going to be : ) ]"
 
Haha... I have to agree with Nathan.

And I'm not having dinner @ your place anymore....;-)
 
According to Dr. Oz on Oprah, your bowels tells you something about your health. So I guess three times a charm? Hope everything works out Vic.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]