Sunday, July 06, 2008


WINE

Karena and I have never been big wine drinkers. For me, I understand the appeal, but it's just hard for us to really get into the specifics of what's a good wine and what tastes better than others. All that wine talk in "Sideways" just went over my head. Wine just make my face red and make me feel hot.

But we had the privilege of being invited to David and Hui's home to partake of some delicious dinner by Hui and some selections of wine by David. As we were all sitting there sharing some laughs and sipping some delicious wine, I realized one major benefit of wine: it brings people together.

There is no way any two people interested in wine could drink bottle after bottle by themselves. It's much better to share something so good with others. And this makes for a great impetus to invite others over and to share and fellowship with others.

I'm not suggesting to run out and buy as much wine as you can, but if you're already interested, this is one easy reason to invite people over for a meal.

We felt extremely privileged to have been invited for multiple reason: we had a very class meal, we gained some good knowledge of wine, and most importantly, we were able to spend some time in fellowship with some great people. Thanks again, David and Hui!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]