Thursday, July 10, 2008


TV DIGITAL CONVERTER

By now, you've probably heard that if you're getting your TV reception from an antenna, you'll need to get a TV digital converter by February, 2009 to keep getting a signal.

But what you might not know is that you can hook up your converter now. In fact, it's probably good idea to do it.

It'll give you a nice digital picture and a few additional channels too. Here in LA, for example, you get 3 NBC and ABC channels -- the normal one, the NBC and ABC San Diego affiliate and a weather only channel. In addition to all that, you also get a TV guide and information about the program you're watching. Plus, if you have an HD TV, I'm pretty sure you'll get the HD feed on programs broadcasting in HD. That's a pretty good deal!

I helped set up my in-laws with their TV digital converters and they love it!

Comments:
Hey Vic - I'd heard the same thing from some co-workers about getting extra channels now with their converter box. What brand did your in-laws get and where did they buy it? I need to get a couple for my parents, my in-laws, and ourselves (until we get DirecTV.
 
They went to Best Buy and got the Insignia brand. It's nothing fancy, pretty standard. But with the coupon, they said it was pretty cheap -- about $20.
 
Thanks - I just checked with Best Buy Downey and found out that the Insignia Model is very popular...It's sold out, but hopefully they get more this week. I also found a Consumer Reports article that rated the Insignia pretty well so I guess I'll call them this weekend to see if they got their next shipment in.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]