Sunday, July 27, 2008
















SURGERY SCHEDULED

After many delays, my hip surgery is finally scheduled for Wednesday, August 20th. I meant to tell all of you individually, but this is just an easier way to get the information out.

Some of you may recall that I have hip dysplasia, where my hip sockets never fully developed. As a result, over theyears, my hip joint has been breaking down and it's caused me pain and even buckles occasionally.

This surgery is a pretty crazy one -- they 're going to cut out my entire hip socket and put it back in a different orientation and hold it together with screws. I won't be able to put weight on it for 6 weeks.

But in the end, it'll hopefully save my hip joint. Yes, I'll probably need a hip replacement when I'm much older, but I'd rather do it later in life than in, say, 10 years from now.

So, even though this is an aggressive surgery, I think it'll be for the best.

Thanks for your concern!

Comments:
Prayers and hopes that it goes well and w/o incident. Keep us posted. =)
 
i hope that 11 movies will suffice for the 6 weeks.
 
you definitely need blockbuster online during that time. just sign up for the most expensive rental so you can get as many movies you can
 
You sure you already borrowed Shaft from me last time?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]