Tuesday, July 29, 2008













DISNEYLAND

The last time Karena and I went to Disneyland, we had barely started dating. Things have sure changed in our lives since then. And things have no doubt changed at Disneyland too.

But you know the old saying, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

We arrived at the partk about 20 minutes after it opened and basically stayed until an hour before closing. During that time, we practically rode every ride we planned on riding (except for Roger Rabbit, which broke down after we were about the 5th people in line).

We really enjoyed the Finding Nemo submarine ride and the Buzz Lightyear shooting ride (although Karena practically doubled my score until I started sabotaging her by turning her away from the things we were supposed to shoot; sorry the score did come out on the picture).

But I still stand by my old favorites -- Space Mountain, Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain (a very underrated ride, in my opinion) and my newer favorite Indiana Jones. We stayed for the fireworks show, which was nice. Karena was ready to go by then, but I made her stay for Fantasmic. We got great seats in the front middle (while only waiting about 30 min).

In general, I would say that I must be getting older because Disneyland as a whole seemed much smaller and more kiddy then ever before. I found myself spending more time figuring out how they did things than just enjoying the magic and wonder of it all. It's so sad to grow up. Still, we had a great time, but probably won't need to go again for several years.

Comments:
nice my fave is also Big Thunder Mt XD GMTA ;)
 
borrow someone's kids. do that, and I guarantee you will have a different experience. you won't get to ride but only a few rides and the long waits will seem longer at times, but it'll be different!

i'll never forget going with dick for one of our married-dates and running into a very young kenneth ko and matthew cham. matthew wanted to go in to the haunted house, but kenneth was SO SCARED!! i had to hold his hand and cover his eyes thru most of it and every so often, i'd say, "this part is okay. you can open your eyes" and we'd encourage him to just laugh at the funny faces rather than be scared of them. it was different!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]