Monday, July 21, 2008


THE DARK KNIGHT

I can't say I was ever really the kind of guy who went to see a movie on opening weekend. Sure, I'm always excited when a movie I really want to see comes out. But in the last several years, I've probably only gone to the theater once or twice a year.

But I was ecstatic about going to see the new installment of the Batman series yesterday with a large group of friends. Even though the movie is 2.5 hours long, it sure didn't feel that way because they packed so much story into this one. It was entertaining from beginning to end (although the movie fakes you out twice into thinking its ending, but it's not).

The thing I really noticed was how good the acting was by everybody. Heath Ledger's performance was better than advertised, which just makes his loss all the more tragic. Christian Bale, Aaron Eckhart, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman all were amazing as well. They were smart to replace Katie Holmes (and her bad acting) with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

All in all, if you like Batman and can handle how dark these new Batman movies are, it's a must see. However, if you're like my wife, and don't feel right or don't feel comfortable seeing it because Ledger's death may be attributed to this movie role, it's probably a good idea not to see it because he does such a good job at being deranged and creepy that it'll probably get to you.
Comments:
I believe in Harvey Dent!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]