Thursday, June 05, 2008



ROBERT F. KENNEDY

The 40th anniversary of Robert Kennedy's assassination doesn't have as much of an impact on me as Martin Luther King's does.

Still, it has a special place in my heart because it always makes me think of my dad and his love for telling stories and recalling history.

He has told me the story countless times about how he was drifting off into sleep while watching RFK deliver his speech at the Ambassador Hotel. He wasn't fond of RFK's political opinions so he turned it off and went to bed. When he woke up, he was shocked to hear that he had been killed.

For me, I always think about RFK's most famous of quotes:

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were and ask why not."


Comments:
Happy Birthday!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]