Sunday, June 22, 2008


POTLUCKS

I guess I've never really thought about it, but when you go to a potluck, you really are in charge of your own food.

What I mean by that is you are in charge of putting your own food out. Otherwise, it just won't get done.

During my first week at my new job, they had a potluck in honor of someone who was going to be getting married. Wanting to fit in, I knew I had to quickly sign up for something, even though it was last minute. I bought a veggie platter and put it in the work fridge that morning, along with all the other potluck food. And since I was busy doing something, I didn't get to the potluck until much later. And that when I realized that even though many people had already gotten their food, my veggie platter was still nowhere to be found. I ran to the fridge to find it completely empty except for my veggies. I immediately put it out there, but it was obviously completely wasted since everybody had pretty much already eaten.

I just figured that it was pretty obvious that it was for the potluck, somebody would have helped to put it out along with the rest of the food. I was pretty shocked it didn't happen.

But then yesterday, we had a potluck along with Zhi's BBQ for his birthday, and slowly people who brought desserts had to go bring out their own desserts by themselves. Some people who didn't think to bring out their food never had it eaten. What a shame!

So, I guess I've learned my lesson about the way it is with potlucks -- be in charge of your own food!


Comments:
Yes, and you have to bring your own serving utensils. But remember to label everything that belongs to you so that someone else doesn't end up bringing it home by accident.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]