Wednesday, June 25, 2008




OLD FRIENDS

There really is nothing quite like talking to old friends you haven't talked to in a while.


I used to think that growing apart or losing touch with people was wrong and unforgiveable. But in more recent years, I've come to realize that it's okay and simply a part of life. It's near impossible to remain as close with former co-workers or classmates as you used to be when you saw them everyday. Still, like I said, it's nice to be able to bridge that gap later and come back together. The key is being able to talk to them like you used to talk before. Granted, the closeness might not be the same, but hopefully, it's still there.


I've been fortunate to talk to many of the classmates that I grew up with in elementary, intermediately and high school recently. In fact, Ruben, a good friend of mine that I've known since the 3rd grade managed to find me and contact me through this blog. Nowadays, with the internet -- Facebook, Google, Blogger -- it's much easier to find people and stay in contact . . . even if you're trying to find old friends.

Comments:
so that's what you looked like with a full head of hair...NICE!
 
Ahhh... those good ol' Schurr days? BTW, did you ever find Mickey Mouse? Haha.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]