Tuesday, June 10, 2008



HARD-TO-OPEN PACKAGING

Most people know that I'm afraid of knives because I always tend to cut myself with them. Anytime I'm doing any sort of cutting in the kitchen, I end up cutting or slicing a part of me instead of the food.

But what's even worse is purchasing electronic equipment. Picture it: You're filled with excitement upon purchasing some new electronic device or equipment (I know, I'm a nerd). Once you get home, you can't even open it without a pair of industrial scissors!

And even then, you still have to brave the sharp edges by sliding your fingers ever so carefully to pry the device out of the clutches of this hard-to-open packaging.

Why do manufacturers do this? What is the purpose (besides giving me bloody fingers)?

I just purchased a 2GB flash drive and upon opening it, I found I got an added bonus -- a cut on my hand (don't worry, that's not my hand in the picture above; just one I found online.)
Comments:
Wow! I haven't read your blog in awhile. So much has happened... birthdays, buffets, blood, etc. You live an exciting life, my friend. =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]