Saturday, June 28, 2008




FLASH DRIVES

Since I was a kid, I feel like I'm always trying to catch up with everybody else to stay current and "cool." Although I tried to tell myself not to get caught up in the hype and the fads, I couldn't help myself, especially as I entered the extreme peer pressure years of intermediate and high school.

When everyone started getting Reeboks, I asked my mom if I could get a pair. When everyone started getting Nintendo's new Game Boy, I had to have one too.

But one thing that I never got was a flash drive for storing data. For my life, I have been perfectly happy using those big floppy disks and then those hard disks (except for that one summer in college when I left my hard disk in my car and lost all the files on it).

But once I started my new job, everybody had one attached to their keychains. Soon, I realized I had so many files I needed quick access to at any time that went out and bought one.

Am I a nerd? Am I succumming to peer pressure? I'm afraid my answer might be yes to both.

Comments:
i have a bunch of them that i have never & will never use (that i got for free). you can have as many as you like :) i'll bring them down to LA next weekend. (some of them say "accenture," i guess you can scratch it off?).
 
Well, there you go Vic. You got the hook-up. I own two and don't feel like a nerd. Nothing wrong with it. It's called convenience. Floppies suck but I still use them too.
 
The answer(s) is true.

j/k =P

As for those floppies, maybe they are not entirely useless...=) Haha.
 
i'd say 'no' to both your questions. it's more of convenience.

but seriously though, what took you so long. here's some perspective...my 60 year old dad has been using them for almost 4 years now! haha

btw...if you need help converting your cassettes to these cool things called compact discs...i know this guy that can help you with that. hahaha
 
no you're not a nerd, far from it :) you don't even look like one :D I'm a geek and proud of it haha XD

@albert- yeah i was going to send him that link too :P

@garth- don't you mean he needs a converter for his 8track ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]