Thursday, June 19, 2008




CELEBRATING LIFE
Growing up, my parents always told me how sad it was to wait until somebody dies before saying good things about them that you have been thinking all your life. You see it all the time, eulogies go on and on about a person's life and all their positive qualities. But how often do we say those things to those people during the regular grind of daily life?
When NBC's Tim Russert passed this week, it got thinking about my own grandparents who have passed on. Three of my four grandparents have unfortunately passed on. And thinking about them always makes me reminisce about may of the good times we shared while I was growing up. The fact is that I do miss them a lot, even though they've been gone for some years now.
But the best way I can celebrate their lives and the life lessons they taught me is to live them out every day. And I have to remember to cherish and encourage those around me and acknowledge the good in people while they are in the midst of the daily grind the same way my grandparents taught my parents and the way my parents taught me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]