Thursday, May 08, 2008

NOT SO HIP
Now, that it's official that I will be transferring at the end of the month to take a job at Kaiser Sunset, I can also tell you that as a result of the transfer, I'll have to push my hip surgery back indefinitely.

And wouldn't you know it? Literally two days after I tell the doctor that I'll have to cancel my surgery, my hip suddenly gets dramatically worse. If you saw me at church this past Sunday, you may have noticed my excessive limp, trouble sitting and standing, and difficulty going up the stairs.

After enduring some PT from my wife and my co-workers, it has only gotten minimally better this week. What will this mean for my upcoming trip to the East Coast and ability to treat patients, especially as I start a new job in just a few short weeks? Who knows. This just seems to be my luck.

I'll keep you posted.
Comments:
Sorry to hear about your condition worsening, it sounds painful. Thinking of you here.
 
that suck vic. hope you feel better
 
What?!?! Your new job won't let you take time off for surgery?!?!? That's lame!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]