Tuesday, May 06, 2008

AMERICANA
Southern California's newest outdoor mall (aka lifestyle centers, as developer Rick Caruso likes to call them) is in Glendale: the Americana.

Many celebrities were on hand opening night last Friday including Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Jay Leno, the Four Tops, Tony Bennett, and many other musical acts.

Obviously, many people are interested in going to check it out.

But since we're trying to avoid the crowds, we've stayed away from it so far. We don't plan to go for another two to three weeks -- and even then, we'll only go on a weekday. If you've ever tried to leave the Grove parking lot on a Friday or Saturday night, you'll know why we're doing this.

But, Jason brought up a great point. If I started charging for people to park their car at our house and I would shuttle them back and forth, I could make a quick buck. Hmm . . . just $1. No, gas is pricey these days . . . maybe $2.

Oh no, I just read on the Glendale website that they have a free shuttle until the end of June. I guess that ideas is out.

On second thought, I'll bring up this idea again on July 1. =)









Comments:
In addition to my nickname for you (Vic Valet), Debbie thought of "The Shen Shuttle."
 
cool :) need to update your link to my blog XD

http://mrtsax.wordpress.com

thanks
 
I can't believe this place has a freakin' trolley. It's that big??
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]