Saturday, April 05, 2008


PB & J
My recent entry on my horrible organic peanut butter explosion in the kitchen got us talking about peanut better and jelly sandwiches.
And that, of course, led to one of our now infamous bets:
One of us believes that the only jelly that should be used for an authentic PB & J sandwich is grape jelly. Whenever anyone thinks of or recalls traditional PB&J sandwiches, they always picture grap jelly.
The other believes strawberry jelly is just fine and tastes delicious with peanut butter. And it definitely does not have to be grape jelly.
If you get a chance, please chime in and let us know what you think. (I'm hoping to win yet another of these bets!)

Comments:
I'm a strawberry jelly type of guy.
 
yeah, i only like pbj with strawberry jelly. grape flavored stuff just tastes like cough syrup to me.
 
I think that pb&j can be legitimately made with both! Having grown up on this stuff... And being half white makes me an expert on this. ;) J/P.

Tammy C.
 
strawberry.
 
i mix strawberry w/ grape, but i prefer strawberry...

judy
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]