Saturday, April 26, 2008



ANOTHER 5 YEAR AGO POST

It was 5 years ago today that Karena and I became husband and wife. And I've loved every minute of it. Here is the entry I posted five years ago:


AN OPEN LETTER TO KARENA

The following is an open letter to Karena that I wrote to Karena that I am letting you all read. Why? I want you all to help keep me accountable in this area. Thanks.


Dear Karena,

I want to make a promise and a commitment to you: I will love you, cherish you, and honor you. Now, I know most everyone says that to their significant other at some point in their lives, making those words not quiet so special. But I truly do mean them.

And I've invited all these people to share into this letter and into our relationship so they can make sure I don't ever lose sight of loving, cherishing, and honoring you throughout my life. See, it's not just a wedding that we're planning for. I'm planning for a marriage -- something that will last a lifetime.

Karena, I want to love you the way Christ loved the church. And in order to do that, I have to know Christ intimately and have a solid, firm relationship with Him. So, I'm trying to cement my spiritual life and walk more closely with Him. That way, I will learn so much about Christ and follow Him so closely that I will begin to resemble Him. Only then, will I truly be able to love you the way He loved the church. That is my sincere hope and prayer for me and for us. I can't wait to go through this process.

And I can't wait until I have the honor and privilege of being called your husband.

Love, Victor



Comments:
happy anniversary!!! Me an Vic are so encouraged to know and watch you two grow together!!
 
thanks for sharing with us all. we're so blessed to have you and karena in our lives. =)
 
wow! that's beautiful, man!

you should consider writing lyrics for country songs! i can already hear tim mcgraw sing this to faith in his next hit record! haha
 
thanks for sharing. best wishes to you guys.
 
Happy Anniversary.
 
Congrats! 5 years already? Wow!
 
Happy 5 years to you both. =) Looking forward to many more in the future!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]