Wednesday, April 23, 2008

5 YEARS AGO
When I look back on my life five years ago, I see a lot of similarities.

For example, I am currently applying to change jobs to Kaiser Sunset in Hollywood, which is about half the distance from my home. And amazingly enough, this is the entry I wrote exactly 5 years ago today on getting another job:

THE WORD IS OUT
My boss finally emailed the entire Rehab staff at work to tell them that I had resigned to take another PT position at Kaiser West LA. I have to say that it felt very nice to have so many people tell me they were saddened by the news.
The truth is that I've really enjoyed my time here at UCLA primarily because of
the people I work with. Almost all of them are good people.

And that's pretty rare to find in any workplace. And it's just funny how when everybody knows that your last day is coming soon, they start to talk about you like you're dying: "You will be sorely missed." "I'll always remember how Victor used to bring his little lunch bag that mysteriously seemed to carry so much food." "He was a good guy."

Perhaps, looking back at this blog, is a sign of things to come.


Comments:
Interesting...let us know where this sign will lead for you...=)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]