Sunday, March 30, 2008

GAME TIME

Tonight, I had the privilege of hanging out at Jason's house with about 7 other people with nothing planned. So, we ended up playing Taboo (the new electronic one where you can choose Expert level and have 7 words you can't say). Afterwards, we played Jason's made-up game where you try to guess who the majority of the people think is most likely to do something. (It's a little hard to explain in this blog.) But the bottom line is there were a lot of laughs and we stayed late into the night (well, I left around 11:30, but that's late for me nowadays).

This night of late night games made me think back to about 8 years ago when we had much fewer responsibilities and cares. For about 3-4 consecutive weeks, we went over to my parent's house for Game Time. After Friday night fellowship, we would all go out to eat (and I do mean pretty much ALL of us). And after that (because the night was still young at midnight), we all came over and played games people made up or just sat around talking. There were a lot of laughs and some deep conversations too. Those nights lasted until about 5 in the morning.

And after talking to Karena on the phone until she got back home safely, I'd think back to the day and the fun we all had that night. Then, I'd thank God and drift off to sleep with a big smile on my face.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]