Friday, February 22, 2008



NETI POT

I have to start this post by offending some of you when I say: It's scary how much power Oprah has. In fact, it's wrong how influential she is in American society. Whenver she says something is good, everybody knows about it and goes out to get it.

While having Dr. Oz on her show a few months back, they were discussing Neti pots. It's basically a device like a watering can where you put saline water into one nostril and have it come out the other one. This cleans and clears out your sinuses so you don't have to blow your nose. It's great for whenever you have a cold, allergies, or if you're a frequent nose blower.

After that show aired, Karena has been really excited to get one for me, even going to several stores to find it. We ended up getting it this week and I tried it. It does feel really strange, but it helped me breathe better and she said I didn't snore as much.


Comments:
It's not necessarily wrong when one person influences many. It's only wrong when that person is irresponsible and/or others esteem that person to a godlike level.

However, it seems that Oprah is pretty responsible. She knows that she influences people a lot, so she's careful, I think.
 
I remember many years ago, Oprah's talk shows were pretty trashy...She's gotten a lot "better" over the years with meaningful and engaging topics.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]