Wednesday, February 13, 2008





GYU-KAKU

Since it's near impossible to get a reservation on Valentine's Day (also because I didn't try to make one until last week), we decided to celebrate early.
Deciding to eat at Gyu-Kaku in Pasadena turned out to be the perfect choice. We decided to splurge and get the $40/person all-you-can-eat meal. This allowed us to try all the different kinds of beef, chicken, pork, and seafood. We were also able to order their famous Gyu-Kaku miso salad, garlic noodles, and assorted vegetable plate.
We highly recommend the miso butterfish, the garlic shrimp, the kalbi beef, and the salad. The dinner concluded with some black sesame ice cream for dessert (which I really enjoyed, but Karena thought it was kind of weird).
The food was amazingly delicious. And we didn't even leave smelling like BBQ!
I was so impressed with the restaurant that I even enjoyed the bathroom. When I went to take care of some corn that got stuck in my teeth, I found toothpicks and mouthwash and wet-naps directly in front of the mirror and sinks. It was perfect!

Comments:
hey, we went there!! good stuff
 
the pasadena one sucks. you should go to the one in rancho coucamonga or woodland hills.
 
I love Gyu-Kaku!!!! I used to go to the OG one. I didn't know they've opened so many in the last few years.

Oh how I miss So Cal food!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]