Tuesday, February 12, 2008


END OF A POLAROID ERA

It was announced that Polaroid's ground-breaking instant film era is coming to an end. Now, that the digital age is firmly upon us, the need to, as Outkast once sang, "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" is now over.

I'll never forget watching in utter amazement that within seconds, the image I just took with the camera, would magically appear. I thought the Polaroid technology was so amazing, it would last forever.

Incidentally, Polaroid will now focus on digital camera and printers. But their legacy of instant film and instant photos has left a permanent imprint in my mind.

Comments:
my dad will be so sad. half of shirley's and my childhood is documented on poloroid film. ;P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]