Thursday, January 31, 2008



PANCAKE EATING CONTEST PART II

As crazy as it sounds, Garth and I met up again last night for Part II of our IHOP Pancake eating contest. Last year, we had a tough battle that I ended up winning 7 3/4 pancakes to 7 pancakes. Afterwards, we both felt pretty disgusting, but we still had a good time.

So, logic would have it that we would never do it again. But there we were again. I really wanted to make it to 8 pancakes this time, but after polishing off my seventh, I knew I probably couldn't or at least shouldn't eat any more. Garth worked hard to match me at 7 pancakes. But because I noticed he was really struggling, I made sure to tell him he should stop.

After all, as much fun as it was, it just wasn't worth it to make yourself sick trying to win. We decided we'd end it in a tie. But as we stood up to walk out, Garth snuck in 1/8 more of pancake and said, "You can tell people it was a tie, but I had to do this for myself."

It was a good, hard-fought battle. I'll give Garth the victory (although, for the record, I probably couldn't have eating a little more). Next time, (and oh please, let there not be a next time), I'll just stop eating when I get full like a normal person. Maybe. ;)


Comments:
dude, stuart would totally LOVE to hang with you guys! i wonder that IHOP doesn't invite people to compete. makes for good business... or does it?? :D
 
Guys, Guys, Guys.. You are sick puppies...
Victor, I made a reference to this entry in my latest blog. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]