Friday, January 25, 2008










MOVING ON

Today marked the last day for one of my co-workers, who is also a very good friend. During the last 5 years I've been at Kaiser, he has served as a mentor, a confidant, a teacher, and a friend.

His leaving leaves a big hole in our department that I don't think anybody can fill. I'm afraid the brunt of that burden will fall on me to try to patch up that hole.

Still, it's good that he's moving on to a different Kaiser that'll be closer to his home and a brand new situation. I'm ecstatic for him.

Although we'll still be friends, I'll definitely miss our daily conversations about sports, the economy, world news, and his glorious days as an assistant to the Lakers trainer in the last '80s and early '90s (the pictures shown are just after Sam Perkins drilled the 3-pointer to win Game 1 of the 1991 NBA Finals versus the Bulls).

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]