Tuesday, January 08, 2008







HIP SURGERY
After meeting with THE hip and pelvis surgeon on the West Coast yesterday, Dr. Joel Matta, chances are good I'll be having hip surgery.
As I mentioned previously, I was born with a condition called hip dysplagia, where the cupped socket part of my hip did not form fully, resulting in pain and increased risk of arthritis.
Even at my age, my left hip has been hurting me for about 10 years now and the joint is already starting to breakdown.
So, my options are to get this surgery (within the next year) or continue to live with the pain and eventually get a total hip replacement. Neither is a very good option, but I'm leaning toward doing the surgery.
It's pretty involved and will require a few days hospital stay after surgery and crutches with no weight bearing on my leg for at least 6 weeks.
I'm still talking it over with family and friends and praying about it.
Above, you can see pictures of what the surgery entails: cutting out the cupped socket part and re-orienting it to an more optimal position and holding it in place with screws. Pretty nasty, huh?

Comments:
I'll be prayin' for you dude but I have one word to share as well: Glitter.
 
Too bad Mariah only starred in one movie, then you could've planned on a marathon with LB and Aaron (although she did make a cameo in "The Bachelor").

Maybe you can ask each family to buy you each season of "Little House on the Prairie?"
 
wah! that's rough. so, are you going to rehab yourself afterwards? "physical therapist--heal thyself."
 
big decision...i'll definitely be praying for you!

btw, once you finish glitter, i can supply some other country music dvds to compliment your toby keith christmas gift!!! i've got george strait, garth brooks, a few tim mcgraw videos and faith hill! i've got you covered bro! haha

one more thing...is that doc related to your boy lorenzo matta?!? haha i hope he gets plenty of playing time on thursday...meaning k.love is on the bench! haha
 
Definitely praying for ya, Vic.

And let's not forget your personal favorite: Kazaam.
 
That's tough Vic. Will be thinking of you in my prayers.

How about Beaches :) That was the first movie that actually made me really cry.
 
dude albert....i thought you were going to recommend the lakehouse to victor! harhar
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]