Tuesday, January 15, 2008

FINDING OUT WHAT'S RIGHT

I'm conflicted.

When I'm at work, I try to do as much work and work as hard as possible. I feel that is our calling as Christ's ambassadors and as responsible individuals in society. Plus, I feel like I'm being a good example and leader at work for others to follow. So, that's why I'm always busting my tail at work. That's why I often simes stay late to treat patients, even during lunch or after I'm clocke dout at the end of the day. That's why I have never called out for work, even when I'm sick as a dog. But, I know this may be a little bit too much for anyone to take. It's killing me physically, emotionally and mentally to keep up at this pace.

And when is it okay to get angry and when is it okay just to let things go. I was recently reminded that Jesus was without sin and yet he was angry in overturning the tables of those selling and exchanging money. (John 2:13-17) In general, I'm a pretty easy-going, good-natured guy. But when I see injustice being done or when I feel like I'm being wronged, I should be allowed to get angry, right?

I'm in my 30s now and I still haven't figured all this out yet. I'm still conflicted.
Comments:
Although I think it's possible to have "just" anger, I don't trust myself enough if I'm mad about something that pertains to me. If I think I've been treated unjustly, then my ego is probably hurt, or my motives were wrong.

When I hear about the atrocities that kids have faced in Afghanistan and other places I can sense better what "just" anger would be.

()
 
jesus got angry because His fathers temple was being prostituted. it wasn't anything that was done to jesus per se. when judas wronged him, he took it and forgave him. the circumstances are very different. the motives are very different.

i think that if someone were maligning the name of God and you got angry that would be different from you getting angry because someone was being lazy and you were working your tail off. wouldn't you just be the brother of the prodigal son? doing what you knew to be correct, but begruding your brother because he got away with murder?

tyrone
 
I agree with what Nathan and Tyrone said on the issue of anger.

On the worklife issue, How's your relationship with Jesus been? Not the Martha part of the relationship (doing devotions, etc.) but the Mary part of the relationship; sitting before Jesus and being reminded that you are loved exactly the way you are? I find that it's hard to be Christ's ambassador when I don't remember who He is.
 
I came across this during devotions (wink wink - Pastor Lam and Scripture Union) the other day!

Psalm 37
1 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]