Thursday, December 27, 2007



WOULD YOU EAT IT?

When I got back to work on Wednesday, I found one last huge slice of apple pie sitting on the desk. The problem was that it was not ever put in the fridge and had been sitting out for two days.

Still being a little squeamish about eating food that has been left out, I asked some of my co-workers if they would eat pie that has been left un-refrigerated for two days. Almost all said no.

Finally, I decided that it would probably be okay if I just cut off the two ends. I figure bacteria couldn't travel past the ends, right? Some of my co-workers disagreed.

So I thought it would be a good idea to microwave it. Nuking it would kill all the bacteria, right?

I was all set to eat it after treating my last patient of the morning, when, to my surprise, somebody had already thrown it out. I guess one of my co-workers was looking out for me.

Still, I ask you, would you have eaten it?


Comments:
no way!!! you still haven't learned not to eat food left out?!?!?!?!?!
 
for pete's sake! if in doubt, don't eat it!
 
Haha, Victor... you are so Chinese! Don't want to waste anything... even if it might give you food poisoning...AGAIN! :D
 
There is a time to waste and not waste food. This is a perfectly good time to chuck it. Besides, I wouldn't eat it if it were sitting out there for 10 minutes.
 
Nope! Due to sanitation issues....it's usually bad after 4 hours w/o refrigeration.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]