Monday, December 03, 2007


FOOD POISONING
I can't quite attribute my night of throwing up directly to Ranch 99 Market, but there is a strong possibility.
After church yesterday, Karena and I went to every Chinese person's favorite market to buy some vegetables (gai lan and bok choy, etc.) Karena got the good idea of buying some steaks too so we can have a complete dinner. The thought of her making her delicious rib eye steaks sounded really good to me! So, we bought some of that and some chicken there too.
We even joked about how we probably shouldn't buy meat from here because you may not be able to trust it. But I just rationalized that we grew up eating this stuff so it should be no problem.
Big mistake! After buying the meat, we did put it in the fridge at Karena's parents place but later left it sitting in teh car while we made a 40 min stop at the Glendale Galleria.
Karena basically cooke the steaks right as we got home. And after eating our steaks . . . the night of throwing up began.
Today, we both are at work (stupid us), but we both feel very weak and tired and have eating almost nothing. Karena has only had a ginger ale and a Gatorade. I've only eaten 7 Ritz crackers and some Gatorade.
So, although I'm not telling you not to buy meat from Ranch 99, you might want to think twice the next time you're there.

Comments:
I do buy meat from Ranch 99, but I don't buy their steaks (since I like them cooked medium-rare). Also, I don't usually leave my meat in the car for 40 minutes. Anyway, I hope you and Karena feel better soon.
 
It wouldn't be a problem to leave your steaks in the car here in Edmonton. Your car would be colder than your fridge! :)
 
what time did you leave the meat in the car? This weekend was a little warmer than usual...
 
Oh no. So hard to enjoy your meals once you've seen it in reverse. =( Blah.

Hope you two get better!
 
i left my groceries in the car for 3 hours on sunday night, but it was about 55 degrees out...

hope you guys feel better soon. and take your own advice: have some jello!
 
dearest victor... eww....

hope you and karena are feeling better. if anything, think of it as a really bad diet-- you'll lose weight, but you'll never go on that diet again... hopefully.

and the lesson for today? never leave ANY food in the car for over 20 min. unless it's in a cooler. i once ruined broccoli (something the lee boys insist on having every day! no joke) by leaving in my car while i stopped at the drug store for a few minutes before heading home. those extra 15 min. + the drive home made my broccoli smell so nasty that i had to throw it all out :(

oh, and about the passing of the gas... yah, it happens ;D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]