Tuesday, December 04, 2007


ACUPUNCTURE


As a Chinese person, I've seen many acupuncture treatments in my lifetime. It's not a new concept to me, although I always thought it was kind of weird and difficult to explain by Western medicine standards.

Still, I always believed it could help people and does have a place in medicine.

I had accupuncture for the first time last night for my hip and to help me get over the food poisioning incident. After having 10 needles placed in my back, my hips, and one behind my knee for 15 minutes, I have to admit that my hip did feel better. I also began to feel better from the effects of the food poisioning. And the best part was that the needles don't even hurt. (I'm usually pretty chicken when it comes to shots. I have no trouble watching someone else get injected, but I hate it for myself).

Unfortunately, today my hip hurts again, but not as bad as it usually does. And although Karena and I are not 100% just yet, we feel pretty close. So, thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes.


Comments:
I had food poisoning too after eating at a local Chinese donut shop. I went to the doctor, who advised me to get some rest, drink plenty of liquids, and eat bread, soup, and bananas.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]