Monday, November 12, 2007


WORK

It's no secret that work has dominated my life the last few years. And unfortunately, a lot of it has been negative. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I love my co-workers. And I love being able to help people rehabilitate.
But it's safe to say that many days, it gets the best of me.
So, yesterday during Sunday service, when Jesse asked us to share something good that happened at work, I had to struggle to find something to say.
But what Jesse shared from Psalm 127 was right on. We don't work for our glory. We don't work just for a paycheck. We don't even live our lives just to make it through the day.
Our focus should be on relationships . . . and that shouldn't be considered work at all. I need to try to be more relational with my patients and with my co-workers. That's an easy way to be a good witness. St. Francis of Assisi said: Preach the gospel at all times -- if necessary, use words.
I just need a shift in my thinking. Work shouldn't get me down. Instead, those are opportunities to grow and to build stronger relationships with people I might not otherwise come in contact with.

Comments:
aww... i miss CEFC. =( thanks for sharing about what happened and what you learned.
 
Wow. Nicely said. I touched upon this subject matter with several members of my small group yesterday and they expressed those very words of wisdom to me. Cool.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]