Thursday, November 15, 2007



PERSIMMONS

People at work have been bringing in a lot of persimmons lately. And it's been great because I love them.

But the interesting thing I noticed was that everybody else just washed them and ate them with the skin.

I didn't even know you could eat it with the skin because my mom always cut the skin off.

So, I tried it for the first time with the skin on and I have to admit that it's not bad. And it's much easier and less time-consuming just to eat it with the skin on.

Still, if I didn't have to do the work, I'd prefer to eat them with the skin cut off.


Comments:
Our family skins them, puree's them, and makes them into cookies.
 
awww... i miss having persimmons this time of year. it's so cold up here that no one grows them and they're so darn expensive to buy.
 
Auntie Angelina has been receiving alot of these. She then passes them on to Enoch who, in turn, gives them to me and I drop them off at my mom's.
 
MMm..yumm, my grandma's tree has recently been very fruitful and we've been picking them out to eat..but yea I never knew we could eat the skin...There's different types too, the soft kind and the harder kinds. I think I like eating the harder kind but can't imagine it eating it with the skin?!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]