Friday, October 26, 2007







SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FIRES


Now that the fires are more contained (though some are still raging out of control), I feel like I can finally comment on them.
It's so sad to know that arsonist started some of these fires. What kind of person does something like that? And what kind of people take advantage of victims by trying to trick them into losing their money. Or what kind of people steal and loot supplies and in turn try to sell them. And what kind of people hang out at Qualcomm Stadium when they're not really evacuees? What's wrong with people?
And I felt really guilty complaining about how the smoke disrupted the beautiful skyline and left me having difficulty breathing. How coudl I complain when people were losing their homes?
And what would you do if you had to evacuate? What would you bring? It's such a typical sharing question, but for thousands of people, it became real life. I guess I'd bring our photos, my iPod, some of the cool clothes that Karena has given me over the years, my laptop, and my guitar.
I learned that for insurance reasons, you should take photos of your home and its contents. So, I'm going to try and do that, maybe this weekend.
Still, I ask that we all be in prayer for the victims and say a big thank you for the firefighters.

Comments:
what kind of ppl? sinful ppl...

may God still be glorfied thru these fires.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]