Tuesday, October 23, 2007


SALVATION ARMY THRIFT SHOP

While waiting to be picked up, I decided to go check out a Salvation Army Thrift Shop just to pass the time.
When I went in, I was pleasantly surprised to see how crowded it was. There were bargain shoppers filling the store, many looking for clothes and shoes for both men and women. And I thought that was great.
Unfortunately, the entire store felt like I walked into some old person's closet that hasn't been touched in decades. The place felt dirty and dusty. The knick-knacks they were selling were all junky or broken. The clothes seemed old and smelly. The shoes were so worn that I couldn't believe they were selling them. They had records whose covers were so beaten and abused that I'd imagine they weren't really protecting the records they were holding anymore.
I kept thinking to myself, "How could anybody buy this stuff?"
And the worst part was the prices weren't even very good. In some instances, I almost wanted to tell people that they could pay a dollor or two more and get new items of much better quality. But maybe they didn't have any extra money to throw around. Who knows?
But there they were, many people standing in line, carrying many items to purchase.
Don't get me wrong, I was extremely glad the Salvation Army was able to sell this merchandise and raise money hopefully to be put toward a good use. And I hope that the people buying htem were able to get a good deal on clothes and other things they need.
But, my goodness, this stuff was just more junky than I expected.
Comments:
Many people who buy really need this stuff and the prices are lower than going to the mall to buy the "nice things." Vic, I think we're spoiled.
 
Perhaps they were purchasing items to assemble a Halloween costume.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]