Tuesday, October 16, 2007

DUTY VERSUS PASSION
One of the things that really struck me from Richard's sermon this past Sunday was about how we sometimes do things out of obligation. He was mentioning that often times we support missions or even go on a missions trip because "we feel like we should." But that type of thinking lacks the passion and heart and willingness that should come with service.
Lately, I've been feeling like I'm living my life by going through the motions. There's no passion, no heart in my actions. Maybe the irate patients at work are getting to me. Maybe I just stopped trying.
But I don't just want to do things out of a sense of duty. I want my actions to come from the heart and be full of passion.
Comments:
Do something that has eternal consequences. Something where you may not understand the end or the how but know the Who.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]