Sunday, October 28, 2007



CONGRATS TO THE RED SOX
Some of you know that I am a huge Boston Red Sox fan. So, it goes without saying that I'm happy that they are the 2007 Champions of Baseball, after sweeping the Colorado Rockies tonight.
But I'm not such a fan of Boston in general. I find Massachusetts politics too liberal. And since I'm a die-hard Lakers fan, I hate the Celtics.
What most people don't know about me is how I came to love the Red Sox. When I was getting into baseball cards and still knew very little about baseball in general, my friend suggested we all should collect one specific player's cards. One guy settled on Jose Canseco and became an A's fan. Another chose Don Mattingly and became a Yankees fan. But I was unsure as to whom I should collect. I noticed that I had a lot of cards of this guy Wade Boggs. I asked if he was any good. After finding out that he was an exceptional hitter, I decided to collect Wade Boggs' cards and cheer him and his team on. His team was, of course, the Red Sox.
And the rest is history . . .
Congrats to the Sox!

Comments:
did you cheer for your boy boggs when he won his championship for the YANKEES?!?! haha
 
As a faithful fair weather fan from Boston, it always brings tears to my eyes to see my New England teams dominate...but it'll probably be a long time before there's ever a real reason to hate on the Celtics :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]