Saturday, September 01, 2007

WHAT SHOULD I CALL THEM?
Now that I'm a little older, I've begun to have trouble deciding what to call people at church. See, when I was younger, it was easy. They were all "Uncle" or "Aunt". But there are other people of similar age that I've worked with and gotten to know in committee or business settings so I've only called them by their first name.
For example, I always refer to Enoch & Eunice's mom as "Auntie Angelina" because that's what I've been calling her since I met her back in the 6th grade. But since I really only got to know Henry Chiu when we were on the Fellowship Committee together, I call him "Henry."
And then there are just some people I always only use their first names.
So what is the cut-off? Is it a certain age? And what happens now that I'm a little older and considered an adult?
This thought came up because at Eunice's farewell party, I said hello to Grace Chan by calling her "Grace." However, in the same moment, David Han said hello to me and I felt like I should call him "David" although I have always referred to him as "Uncle David." So, I ended up nervously (and not very smoothly) said, "Umm, hello . . . umm . . . hi." It was really embarassing.
Comments:
Just call them "Ma'am" and "Sir." Hahaha!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]