Sunday, September 23, 2007



DRAWING THE UNITED STATES

After our recent trip to Edmonton (and Banff) for Nathan and Doris' wedding, Eunice's move to Vancouver, and getting together with some friends who lived in Toronto, it's no wonder we've had Canada on the brain.

Karena and I were talking about how America, in general, has little respect for Mexico or Canada. In fact, Karena remembers drawing the United States as a kid and filling all the borders with water in place of Mexico and Canada, per her teacher's instructions. And now that I think about it, I think I did the same thing.
Telling that to some of our Candian friends made them furious!

As for me, I just found it funny.

Comments:
That's hilarious!!!
 
Hahaha...I know it's messed up, but it IS funny!! =)
 
true. we're pretty bad at world geography. witness the losers on jay leno's "jay walking" segments. but while our greatest crime may be ignorance, i'll tell you, canadians tell the meanest jokes about americans! i love canada and i've got canadian friends, but don't get them started on american jokes. they really don't like us very much. probably because we color in their country as if they aren't there??
 
Haha, well, I would have never remembered if my USA homework had other countries or not. Actually, the way TV shows and movies represent us - no wonder non-americans hate us. I can imagine why others would hate us if I were from another country. It's just how the entertainment idustry goes, it has to be entertaining. No one wants to watch boring everyday American people on tv and movies. They only want to see the rich and the spoiled, and the dumb and ridiculous. It's more entertaining. Though I know there are some out there that aren't like that, but we are more entertained by the sensational stuff. It's kind of like how Christians are portrayed, you know it's way off majority of the time.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]