Thursday, September 20, 2007

COMPUTER CLASS
The problem with the 4 day training I'm embarking on right now at work is the large differential in people's knowledge of the computer. We have some people who are really smart and are very computer saavy. Then, we also have those people who almost never touch a computer and are so illiterate that they ask questions like, "Are you saying I should click this big button that says "LOG OUT" to log out of my workstation?"
This has led to long delays and a lot of time gets wasted.
But I'm getting really good at checking my email and reading internet news during class. Hey, at least I'm not falling asleep. Well, actually, I did that too.
Man, thank God I'm not in school anymore. I don't think I could survive it anymore.
Comments:
if not for your blog, i wouldn't be up on half of the news going on in the world. michael cham! woo hoo!

and re: that computer class. i remember taking one and the girl next to me took FOREVER to complete her assignments. i felt bad, so i'd stay and help her, whereas I could have just left the class early. i do wonder whatever happened to those people-- do they still not "get" computers today? just took the course because it was required and then turned around and went back to their non-computer lives?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]