Thursday, August 09, 2007









NATHAN AND DORIS' WEDDING
The main reason for our trip to Canada was for Nathan's wedding. To be honest, I thought it was quite an honor that he would ask me to be his emcee, so I gladly accepted.
The wedding went on without a hitch. Nathan was romantic (yup, you read that right), Doris was beautiful, and the ceremony was very much a worship service. Everybody had a great time. And even my announcements in Mandarin came out okay.
I enjoyed getting to know a lot of their friends and family. They are all awesome! Since I was announcing the wedding party, family members, and out-of-town guests, I knew many of the names and only had to match faces with them. That made it easy to meet people and to get to know them. We also enjoyed spending some quality time with Mike & Emily and their daughter Caroline. She is a ball of energy. And even though she started out being shy, she warmed up and gave us hugs before leaving.
I have to admit that even though I had served as an emcee for two previous weddings, I was really nervous about this one. I wanted to do a good job and I didn't want to offend any of the Canadians who were present. That why, I canned this joke: "When I heard that the banquet was being held at the Edmonton Petroleum Club, I was afraid the food would give me gas!" Still, a part of me wishes I had said it anyway. =)
Anyway, things at the banquet couldn't have gone better. Even the crowd warmed up to the two games I made them play. And hopefully, I embarassed Nathan just enough to keep the crowd laughing. All I know is, everybody seemed to go home happy.
The most amazing part was someone at our table asked Karena if I do this professionally since I did such a good job. That made me feel really good to know that I had helped make Nathan and Doris' special day that much better.
Congrats to the happy couple!

Comments:
dude you ARE a pro, even when the best looking guy, best speaker, and funniest guy won't do it.
 
Everyone said you did a fantastic job and that you were a wonderful MC.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]