Thursday, August 16, 2007



O, CANADA

I have to start by saying that when we went to Canada, I was a little wary about how the average Candian would treat us. I have heard that many Canadians are down on Americans, especially nowadays since we are a part of an unpopular war.

But all the Candians we ran into were especially friendly. In fact, many were more friendly than most people I know here! We were sitting in our car looking at the map to help get us back to the Calgary airport, when a stranger approached. I quickly got defensive and thought about what I'd do if he pulled out a gun or threatened up or tried to carjack us. But instead, he simply asked if we needed help getting to our destination. That's it.

I felt horrible that I had thought the worst about him and other Canadians. It was a good wake-up call for me as to how I treat people and view them.


Comments:
You can take the boy out of LA but you can't take LA out of the boy.
 
Hey, didn't you see "Bowling for Columbine"? Hehe, they leave their front doors unlocked! :D
 
Canadians generally like Americans, I think. They just don't like USA. =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]