Sunday, August 19, 2007



MY CO-WORKER'S FAREWELL

Tomorrow, I start the first day of the rest of my life. See, my co-worker John and I started about a month apart from each other. So, we've been working together for pretty much the entire 4.5 years I've been at Kaiser.

I used to always say, "Every class has a class clown" and he was ours. He would crack jokes, do perfect impressions of celebrities (including their accents), and keep the mood light-hearted so that we could all get through the grueling 10 hour days. In short, he was a morale booster.
But he's going back to school to pursue another profession. So, he will be missed. And hopefully, we will stay sane despite John's infectious humor being absent from our workplace now.

On a happier note, we gave him a pretty nice farewell. My other co-worker got these things from Office Depot where you can print photos onto a transparency that you later iron onto a shirt. I didn't even know they made those things! Anyway, we ironed on some pictures of all of us onto a shirt and signed it. That was one of the best going-away gifts I have ever seen!

We also ended up eating all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ ribs at Tahoe Galbi in K-Town. Delicious! And trust me when I say that we more than got our money's worth!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]