Friday, August 31, 2007

GETTING MAD FIRST
Jason and I were talking about this last week and yet I'm still thinking about this: It's become our nature to get upset first when we receive poor customer service.
Instead of trying to explain ourselves, it's much easier to get upset first and demand to speak to a supervisor just to speed up the process of getting things done.
The problem is that I believe this is no way to treat people. Maybe I'm just feeling this way more because I have to deal with all the irate patients at work since I am a supervisor. And since I often get the brunt of people's anger, I find myself turning that anger right back at other people. My temper has gotten much shorter in recent years.
I wish people would understand that just because people are supervisors, they don't deserve to be yelled at for something they didn't do.
Besides, when has yelling at somebody made them want to help you more?
Comments:
My feeling is that it's totally appropriate to speak with a supervisor in a firm manner regarding poor service, but it is NOT appropriate to yell. In fact, yelling will do little good... just an upset suprervisor.
 
Word with Eunice. The goal should be to improve the situation as best as possible, and yelling @ someone doesn't help it.

Ephesians 4:17-5:2
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]